First days of October

An Octopus in my Ouzo, my new book, was sent to the publisher for the deadline of 1st October. Soon I'll get input from an editor, and last week I got a glimpse of the gorgeous cover design. If all goes well, the book will be out next April. 
In the meantime, after a rainstorm in late September that turned alleyways into rivers for a day - and resulted in some dramatic moments in Livadia harbour when a boat was submerged and had to be rescued - the weather has turned perfect. Nights are cool, good for sleeping; by day we have hot sunshine and warm sea, but it's cool enough for walking. And the first green leaves of winter are appearing.









    

6 comments:

  1. Those are lovely photos, as usual, but "green leaves of winter" sounds odd to my UK ears! Our leaves are turning brown and dropping off now, though at the moment the weather is lovely.

    Pleased about your book, and that I recommended the title (well, along with others, of course!) I will be buying it as soon as it comes out, and I hope you get lots of lovely royalties from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, and sorry for taking ages to respond but I was away. I'm glad the 'green leaves of winter' had the effect I was after - it's a phenomenon that surprises people, and one that I talk about in the new book. Thanks for your support - and yes, I will get royalties for the new book! Excited about it coming out. Jx

      Delete
  2. Your eager readers are also very excited about it coming out!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, thanks for the fantastic photos - I feel like I'm still there :) I can't wait to read your new book.
    Agata, Poland

    ReplyDelete